Monday 2 July 2007

longarm and suggestions wanted for photos

Having a quiet time this morning so decided to post again.

Helen, to answer your question, I'm getting an A1 Elite longarm machine. It's not as heavy as some of the others and apparently moves very easily because of the way the wheels are made. It has a 23" throat space which will be fantastic. Supposed to be here by the end of the week but we don't know exactly when.

I'm including some photos that I took in an attempt to capture texture in nature, and to try out my camera which I haven't spent much time with yet. I don't quite know what I'll use them for, but I'm thinking something connected with free form quilting and/or embroidery. I shall have to ponder this for a while longer (possibly even a year or two?) Any ideas for me?

2 comments:

Helen said...

wow, 23 inches, that should give you a decent quilting space. Exciting!

Anonymous said...

OMG what GREAT photos! I can see SO many things to do with them as starting points - you're right, there's enough there to keep you busy for a long time! Dyeing, stitching, pleating, scrunching, embroidering.... wow!