Wednesday 29 August 2007

excited!

The issue of Down Under Quilts with the article about me and my quilts arrived today!! Since this is probably the only time I will ever make it into print, I'm stoked! A strange feeling to see the quilts I've made on nice glossy magazine pages.


I finished quilting another 'stash-buster' quilt today so here's some photos. All the reds were fat eighths or quarters that I'd had for a while and not done anything with, and there are quite a few different creams there as well. This is the first time I've tried quilting in the ditch on the longarm and by the end I was ready to declare this a 'ditch-free zone'! I found it very difficult to do. Maybe it will get easier with more practice?

The first photo is almost true colour but I had to take the second one without the flash so the quilting would show up.







The middle of the next photo shows a 'shocker' of a feather. The red quilting thread was the same colour as the fabric and I couldn't see where I was going. Luckily this quilt will be staying with me LOL.






My visit to the neurologist went okay. The results from the nerve conduction tests in my legs were a bit worse than last time, but on the whole things are relatively stable. I'm having more trouble tolerating noise, and finding it harder to join in conversations because of the block between thinking the words I want to say and the words actually being spoken. Bl**dy frustrating and often distressing. I'm talking less than I used to, and didn't talk much then. But it could be worse...I've had MS since at least 1984 so I'm really doing very well. Just ignore me while I throw myself a little 'pity party' There was some good news though. I'm starting a new medication that should help alleviate the muscle spasms during the night - yippee!


That's it for today. Tomorrow I'd better tidy up the studio a bit in preparation for my quilt group meeting here tomorrow night. Even baked some Oatmeal Raisin Cookies in honour of the event. See ya.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt ... love the RED and your quilting motif is terrific.

Suzanne Earley said...

Great quilt! I like how you did different feathers in the rectangles.

And yes, SID does get easier with lots of practice.

Welcome to the blog ring!

Eileen said...

Great quilting and especially the feathers.
Hope this finds you feeling better.

Mary Johnson said...

I love the quilt too, the feathers look good to me but I don't find stitch in the ditch very easy, maybe I need more practice too.

Sewing Up A Storm said...

Tagged!
I have been tagged by Ami enchantingquilts.blogspot.com You must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had. When you are tagged you need to write your own blog post containing your own middle name game facts. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.