Saturday 20 October 2007

another scrap quilt!

The main part of this quilt top was made quite a few years ago, using scraps saved since I started quilting in 1983. Murray issued a challenge for me to pick something out of the ufo box and finish it all the way to the binding, so this is what I chose to finish. I put the borders on last weekend and quilted it during the week. The binding has been machine stitched on, so now all that is left is to hand stitch it down on the back. It may even get a label! The quilting is a pantograph called 'Fay Feathers' which I really like. My panto'ing is still wobbly but I think this is as good as it's going to get. I think the tremor in my left arm is permanent and my right arm spasms, causing the first 2 fingers to twitch. (This is most annoying when mucking about on the computer coz I keep right-clicking on the mouse when I don't want to...grrr.) Anyway, here's some photos.

6 comments:

Julie said...

Beautiful quilting Cat!!! My scrap quilt has gone to be quilted I can't wait to be able to post photographs of it finished on my blog!

Randi said...

Beautiful scrap quilt!

Mary Johnson said...

It looks good to me! Fay Feathers is one of my favorite pantographs too.

Sewing Up A Storm said...

Congratulations on getting such an old UFO finished. I have one from the 80's and lateley it has been bothering me as it is my oldest UFO and I need to get it done :)

Your quilt looks great.

Liz said...

Hi Cat - I like your latest scrap quilt and the Hearts n Flowers quilt. Blogs are just as addictive as the dyeing I think.

catsmum said...

I'd be more than happy to panto that well without tremors.
Hope all is well - give BJC a hug for me when you see her please.