Thursday 11 October 2007

what do use your spare bed for?

We've just bought a single bed for the third bedroom. I could say that is for guests to sleep in, but the truth is that it is now covered in quilts - about 10 deep! Most are wall hanging sized but there are a couple of bigger ones and some journal quilts. It was nice to re-visit them when I got them out of all their little hidey-holes. I'm trying to figure out which ones to hang up on the walls here, but keep putting it off. At least our three beds here have all got a quilt on them now.
I took these photos, then put a bed sized quilt over the top so that the light wouldn't fade them. The one on top is a quickie I made out of older fabric and I don't mind if that fades. Didn't take a photo of that one though.

5 comments:

Birdydownunder said...

wow..now I would like to see all those quilts in their single glory. Do you have an online photo album. I am green...are they all your own design.

Nicole & Phil said...

I do this as well, it keeps any fold lines from appearing
they look great!

Sewing Up A Storm said...

Lots of really pretty quilts there. I love the one that is the long hexagon shape!

Sewing Up A Storm said...

I love your quits. The stretched hexagon one is awesome!

AJ said...

Wow! A lot of work has gone into those...they look great!!