Friday 5 February 2010

city & guilds stuff - part 1

One of the activities I had to do for my city & guilds course was to choose 3 internationally known quilters and make a little quilt based on their style. The first quilter I chose was Nancy Crow. I love her work, I find her inspirational. I decided to focus on her strip pieced quilts and tried to strip piece without it being anything like Nancy's work. I needn't have worried - mine is like kindergarten work to her wonderful quilts!
I wanted to use some of my hand dyed fabrics so I chose 3 of them as well as some quilter's muslin and a grey homespun.
I cut them into strips of varying widths then pieced them together into several different units.
Then sliced the biggest unit apart and stitched in two smaller units joined end to end.
More in part two...

1 comment:

Delia (Del) said...

Hi Cat This looks very interesting.
Nice to see you back bloging.
Delia